Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blue Hole on a full moon awesome


Chad, Mike and I took a trip to Blue Hole for a full moon or near full moon dive last night. We could see the hole at night 60 feet down with out flash lights. Kind of reminded me of the full moon dive I made with my brother and Kay not long after Kay and I got to Guam long ago. In the hole we saw a lot of lobsters some big and some small. It is the small things that the three of us really like to take pictures of. Here is some of the things we saw. Top picture a lobster was running away from my strobe light, when I took this picture it is about 12-14" long.


Coming out of the blue hole I saw a flat worm nudi so was taking picture, all the while my two computers were screeming at me to go up since I was already in Deco mode. I found out later that neither Chad nor Mike saw this one. It was right in front of them. I thought that they were finished taking pictures of it so I moved in for a couple of shots.



Babe lobster defending his hole.


A neat looking shrimp.



Up close and personal with a baby Lion Fish .




Candy Cane shrimp.




This little little little green Christmas tree worm was what I was trying to take a macro picture of and at the last moment I re-adjusted my camera for took the picture so that I could see what the creature was behind it. This Christmas tree worm is only about the size of a pencil eraser. God makes some amazing things for us to enjoy. The next picture is of just that crab like creature in macro. I know the Christmas tree worm is out of focus but not the creature behind it.






Here is the Macro picture. He lives in that hole and has feathers on his tenticals to help bring food to him. Amazing. This dialog is for my non diving family and friends. Please enjoy!
You should be able to click on the picture to make it bigger to see.






No comments:

Post a Comment